- Pianist Daniel Wnukowski Performs Works by Handel, Chopin, and Karol Rathaus at Carnegie Hall’s Weill Recital Hall, Friday, May 3 at 8:00 p.m.
April 11, 2019
Program comprises Handel’s Keyboard Suite Vol. 1, No. 7 in G minor, HWV 432; Chopin’s 24 Preludes, Op. 28; and Rathaus’s Piano Sonata No. 3, Op. 20. Recital presented by The OREL Foundation in furtherance of its advocacy for composers suppressed by the Third Reich, including Karol Rathaus.
- Pianist Daniel Wnukowski Commences Recording Cycle of Complete Solo Piano Works by Karol Rathaus; Volume 1 To Be Released by Toccata Classics, March 15
March 5, 2019
NEW YORK, NEW YORK (March 5, 2019) — Following solo and concerto performances at Queens College’s Karol Rathaus Festival last month, Polish-Canadian pianist Daniel Wnukowski (vnoo-koff’-skee) further champions the music of this long-neglected Galician-Jewish composer with the launch of a recording cycle of Karol Rathaus’s complete works for solo piano. The project, spanning four volumes on Toccata Classics, is an extension of Mr. Wnukowski’s advocacy for music suppressed by the Nazi regime, and all of the works on Volume 1 appear on recording for the first time.
- Pianist Daniel Wnukowski Performs at Karol Rathaus Festival, Including in U.S. Premiere of Piano Sonata No. 2, Presented by Queens College, February 21–24
January 10, 2019
Mr. Wnukowski also performs Rathaus’s Piano Concerto with The Orchestra Now conducted by Leon Botstein at Queens College, where the composer served as the university’s first professor of composition; performs the composer’s Suite for Violin and Piano with Samuel Katz at Manhattan’s Center for Jewish History; and leads a master class at Queens College on piano music by Rathaus and other composers of the early- and mid-20th century.
- Heaven and Hell: A Year of Liszt in Toronto, Canada
January 6, 2011
Toronto, ON, CanadaPolish Canadian pianist Daniel Wnukowski (vnoo-KOV-skee) is performing a homecoming recital on Friday, February 4 at Glenn Gould Studio, 8 PM. A highly gifted artist who left Ontario at age 15 to pursue studies in Europe and the US, Mr. Wnukowski will perform a concert entitled “Heaven and Hell: A Year of Liszt”. The repertoire features demonic and blissful works of Franz Liszt as well as the lyrical and dramatic works of Polish composers Chopin and Szymanowski.
- A Nostalgia for Polish Piano Music in Rome, Italy
February 12, 2009
Teatro Ghione, Rome, Italy
“The splendor of the waltz is entrusted to the glittering technique of Daniel Wnukowski…”
- An Evening with Pianist Daniel Wnukowski in San Diego, CA
February 7, 2006
San Diego, CA, USA”If music be the food of love”, wrote Shakespeare, “play on!”
“Nowadays, scientists would argue that classical music is precisely that, and more. Music, they claim, nurtures cognitive abilities and stimulates intelligence…”